Wednesday, July 02, 2008

celestial obsession.

dear petunia,

you stink dear.
everyone always talks about how they
wish to sit right next to you.
they think that your essence will
somehow jump from your pores into
theirs. they like what you give off.
i don't like it.
i would actually prefer to stay away.
not all the time...just most of the time.

someone suggested that i bring you home
with me the other evening.
i kindly declined.

the thing is, if you came, then you would
have wanted to stay...and its not that
you're not cool...you just stink.
its your core.
i try to stay fresh. i really do try.
your mere presence alerts me to stay back.
maybe its just a personal message for me.
...because people like you..they like
you a lot. and i can't lie, you're
beautiful to look at...i just can
only observe from a distance.

perhaps i'm being a bit vain.
how could i have not thought about
this before? maybe you don't like how
i smell!!! right? i mean, its apparent
that you're okay with what you
exude...so with me being different and
all...maybe you don't care for my
"odor". ...vanity, yet again.
maybe you don't care for my odor.

........

but if that were the case, then
you wouldn't keep trying to be close
to me all the time.
i want to say that i'm confused, but
i'm not. i get you.

i'll just watch you from over here.

sincerely,
cloud

No comments: