Saturday, July 09, 2005

black mind

"what are you thinking about?"
pause..."...ummm nothing. my mind is black"
"nah stef, you're always thinking about something"
pause "not then...my mind was black"

for about a month and a half i have been thinking about how my mind is never black. there is always something on my mind. but then i consider the idea of different ways of acheiving what a black mind has to offer...nothing. even though i know that my mind is constantly racing with fleeting thoughts and ideas, it is always a challenge for me to remember what was the focus of my thoughts. therefore, i have come to the conclusion that in my own way i have achieved black mind....in essence nothing. how ironic, a cluttered brain for me and a blank one for stef (who by the way turned 7 years old yesterday) are equivalent.

so then the question arises...when am i seriously thinking?

....forty some odd minutes later....

i can only come up with two times...
1. i am thinking when i am forced to focus--> dialogue/conversation
2. when i have or want to create something-->concept for a shoot, logo, article...whatever

how interesting. i seriously think when i am in exchange with someone or something else. ha!

it took me way too long to think about when i think.

No comments: